Monday Mojo

Well it has officially been a week or more since my last post. I have just gotten busy catching up on all of the things that needed doing that had been put off for the last few months due to class and homework.

The flower beds are mostly weeded, I have one left and I’m dreading it. Snakes like to hide in it.

This weekend I did some thinking about the In Dreams Mystery KAL I’m participating in. I had originally started this back in February and cast on with some black laceweight. I started knitting and got about halfway through the first clue. I didn’t like what I was seeing. It was really airy (too airy) and I hated the super fine yarn. I’ve knit with laceweight before but on bigger sized needles like Us6’s or US7’s. This was done on US3’s and I just wasn’t feeling it. There it sat in the project bag, for 2 months.

In Dreams in the Black Laceweight

As you can see the stitches are loose, uneven, and rather unattractive. What was I going to do?

I riffled around in the stash and found 2 skeins of Malabrigo Lace in Paris Nights. The 3rd skein was currently being knit into a Citron shawl. It has also been languishing in it’s project bag for awhile because I wasn’t liking it all that much (too much stockinette stitch for me).

I made my decision. I would frog both the black lace and the Citron and cast on the In Dreams with the Malabrigo Lace.

Frogging for me really isn’t an emotional decision. I usually have put a lot of work into what is on the needles, but sometimes you have to make the “tough” decision that it just isn’t working out. Just like dumping those high school boyfriends.

Malabrigo Lace in Paris Nights

Once things were frogged and rewound into cakes, I started knitting. This is my progress about 6 rows from being done with Clue #1! I’m much, much happier with this result than the black laceweight. The Malabrigo adds some more stitch definition and squishyness to the final result. I’m hoping I can get through Clue #2 this week. Clue #6 comes out later this evening so I have some catching up to do if I hope to get this done by the end of May!