Wow, I can’t believe 2010 is nearly over with! I’m writing this up a bit early just because I have things fresh in my mind. Last year I only did a handful of projects, but 2010 I did many more!
- 198 Yds. of Heaven This was a shawl that was a trade on Ravelry for a table top swift. I loved knitting this pattern once I got the hang of the pattern. I would consider knitting myself one in the future.
- Alpaca Cowl This project I’m really not that happy with. It’s too big. It’s on my list of things to re-do after the holidays. I’m just going to frog it and knit it a few stitches smaller next time. I think it will do just fine!
- Hermione’s Cable and Eyelet Hat I had wanted to knit this up for a while and finally did. I didn’t really have a plan for it when I knit it, but when done it told me it wanted to go to my friend Michelle. Sometimes you have to listen to the knitting. It was an early Christmas present and matched her school colors!
- Traveling Woman Shawl This I knit up from some lovely hand dyed yarn made for me by my friend YohoPaulie on Ravelry. She has an etsy shop as well. I have 1 regret on this project, I wish it was bigger. I did the pattern just as it was written and it turned out a bit smaller than I expected. It’s still a great little neck scarf. I am considering putting a button on one end so I can button it closed!
- Lisa’s Wedding Shawl This was such a great knit. I learned how to knit with beads which I hadn’t done before! The shawl turned out lovely and the bride equally loved it! I have it’s sister, Annis, in my queue for 2011!
- Scrunchy Malabrigo Scarf This lovely scarf was my first time using Malabrigo yarn. I loved knitting with it and I loved how squishy it turned out! This will be going to a relative as a Christmas gift as well!
- Koigu Toe Up Socks My first attempt at toe-up socks. I loved knitting with the Koigu it has really great stitch definition. I was tense when knitting the first one so the 2nd one came out slightly bigger. My SIL tried them on and kept them! Least they are loved by someone!
- Firefly Fringed Scarf This was part of a Classic Elite KAL my LYS was having. I’d been eyeing this pattern for awhile and finally dove in. I used Classic Elite’s Miracle yarn, a 50/50 Alpaca/Tencel blend. Not my favorite knitting project. I found out I don’t like the look of fringe on myself. It was put up on Ebay as part of an Auction for a local animal rescue I volunteer for. It ended up being purchased by my Mother-in-law!
- From Norway With Love Hat My all time favorite knitting project ever. I wear this hat so often in the winter here in Omaha. I get many compliments on it where ever I go! I’m going to do some matching mittens to go with it in 2011!
- Charity Scarf I chose to crochet up this scarf from some stash yarn and donate to the Open Door Mission here in Omaha. I plan to do a couple more charity projects in 2011.
- Pretty Thing Cowl I consider this one of my “famous” projects for the simple fact a famous knitter also designed and knit this. This was designed and knitted originally by the Yarn Harlot. I chose to knit this pattern to see if I liked cowls. Not so much. This is going to my SIL for her Christmas present this year. She loved it!
- Huggable Hedgehog The minute I saw one of these in a yarn shop here in Nebraska I was sold. I knit this guy up in a weekend and loved how it turned out. He was my first felting project. He will be going to a friend for her Christmas present. I have the materials for another one so I might be knitting that up in 2011!
I still have a few WIPs on the needles that will be carried over in to 2011! I’m hoping to wrap those up in January and be able to start on the list for 2011! 2010 was a great year for me knitting wise and also in my personal life. I bought a house, was elected as President of the local knitting guild, and have started my own Etsy shop!
I can’t wait to see what 2011 has in store!