So this weekend I decided to try my hand at some repurposing. I had a flat queen sheet that had lost its fitted mate last year due to wear and tear and a dog. The flat sheet was perfectly fine and I saved it back thinking I would make some pillowcases out of it because I always seem to need clean pillowcases.
A few weeks ago I bought myself a body pillow to help me have better posture while I was sleeping. I needed a pillowcase for that because I wasn’t going to pay $20 for a pillowcase! So I dug out that flat sheet and commenced cutting and sewing.
I ended up having enough of the sheet material for 2 body pillowcases and 2 standard pillowcases.
I used my trusty iron to help create neat and tidy seams. I have read this is an important part of sewing and I feel that the end result shows it. I have established that I do need a new iron as this one leaks water pretty badly and doesn’t get as hot as it should.
This is my sewing machine. It was given to me last year by my mother-in-law. I have to say this machine for being 30 years old sews quite well and I didn’t have to fuss with it at all!
Here is one of my finished body pillowcases in action! I’m very happy with the results and might have to attempt some other repurposing of items in my house real soon!
Until next time…