Do you ever enter contests on blogs? I do frequently, but rarely do I win, actually I had never won until this last week when I entered the contest for a free pattern collection of the new Knitcircus EMag for Winter 2011/2012 on WendyKnits’ Blog. I won a free pattern collection for the whole EMag!!! Super excited about this.
I thought I’d do a little bit of a review/highlight some of my favorite patterns in the EMag! I am linking to the pattern notes in Ravelry, but you can buy the entire collection if you follow this link from the Knitcircus Website!
- The cover sweater, French Roast Cardi, hooked me from the moment I saw the cover of the magazine. I have a feeling at some point this will be knit and show up in my closet!
- Duplicity Cowl – A lovely little double knit cowl! I think I want to make one!
- Icey Rivulet – A lovely crescent shaped scarf or shawlette! This has a fun construction technique and a great way to learn a couple new cast ons/bind offs.
- Pricilla Vintage Caplet – It seems that capes and things are “in” fashion this year and this little one is perfect for keeping a fall chill at bay!
- I just love the lacey border on Ripen, a small one skein shawlette!
- Another cute cardigan, the Sandrilene, definitely caught my eye with its cute cabling.
- I’m not sure I’d actually knit this cardigan, but I couldn’t resist sharing it with you! It is the super cute Wild Cherry Cardigan. I could see this being adorable on a little girl!
Don’t forget to check out some other awesome patterns in this collection. There are 20 patterns total and I just shared a few of my favorites with you! Besides the awesome patterns, there are quite a few great articles and product reviews that are worth the read!
I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving holiday and I wish everyone safe travels!