I am happy to say that the baby log cabin blanket it done! I just need to toss it in the wash and give it to the receipient.
I finished this up on Sunday afternoon after doing the applied icord bind off for about 4 hours betweent Saturday night and Sunday morning. I have to say the icord worked up quicker than I expected it to.
I chose to do the applied icord edge instead of the garter stitch edge the pattner calls for. The reasons for this change is that a) I was sick of garter stitch and b) I was running low on yarn and did not want to open a new skein for just the edge.
I love the way the back of the blanket turned out! It is simple and plain. I had orginally thought about lining the back of it with a light flannel or other kid friendly fabric, but instead chose to leave it bare. The weaving in of ends was not as bad as many had let on. I rather enjoy weaving in ends I’ve discovered.
I’m glad this project is done and I know the recipients will absolutely love it as well.