12 in 2011 was a fellow raveler’s idea of using up some stash yarn and patterns throughout the year. I chose to participate in this as I have a lot of yarn that I just haven’t touched. I bought it, or got it in a swap and it’s just been laying about in the pile without a plan. Some of it I had earmarked for various projects, but I got caught up with something else and haven’t followed through.
I was invited to the group by another friend on Ravelry and fell in love with the idea. I started going through the stash, marking things as keep or swap. From the keep pile I worked to come up with a project for the yarn. Here is what I have so far:
- Dashing featured in Knitty, Spring 2007: A lovely pair of fingerless mitts with a bit of cabling at the base. I’m planning on using a ball of Rowan Felted Tweed in color 147, which is a tweedy grey color.
- Eugenia’s Mitts by Molly Woodworth: A pair of cabled mittens. I’m planning on using the loan skein of Vanna’s Choice in a plum purple color for these. I’ve been wanting mittens for some time now. I doubt these will be completed in time for this winter, but definitely in time for next.
- Rainbow Arches Pooling Scarf by Gladys We: This is a lovely pooling scarf that I’m planning on using Coulrophobia‘s Too Sweet Candy Corn colored yarn for. This is my way of dabbling in the art of pooling. Pooling is where you knit the yarn in a specific way to create a desired color pattern. The patterns are usually an Argyle or Striped effect.
- Flutter Scarf: I’ve had this pattern in my queue for awhile now after seeing it on the Yarn Harlot’s blog awile ago. I’m going to use some Red Brown Sheep Nature Spun for this one. It should create a delicate red scarf!
- Annis: After knitting the sister to this shawl, Abrazo, I had to knit one for myself. This will be using a lone skein of Malabrigo Lace in Pearl. I plan to add some purple beads instead of the nupps.
- Happy Birthday Throw: Now this is a wildcard. I have some Lion Brand Color Waves yarn that has been sitting in the stash for far too long. I always need blankets. Though, this might be a Christmas present.
- Scrappy Width-Wise scarf: This will be a pattern adaptation. I don’t really want to do a lengthwise scarf, so I will be using the pattern for a widthwise one instead. I plan to use some more of Coulrophobia‘s yarn for this project.
- Herbivore by Stephen West: This is another pattern that has been languishing in my “to-do list” for far too long.
I’m going to use some Brown Sheep Naturespun fingering weight that has been over dyed a deep emerald color by Coulrophobia.Changed my mind, which is likely to happen often. I will be using Shibui Knits Sock in the colorway Dragonfly!
- Cratchit Garter Mitts: I saw these being knit by Alcariel at Stitch N’ Bitch one night and just knew I needed a pair. I have some sock yarn scraps from various projects that I will probably use for these.
- From Norway With Love Mittens: I have this hat made up already, but I really want some mittens to match, so I will be using the heart charts for the hat to create myself some lovely mittens!
- EZ’s 100th Anniversary Half-Pi Camping Shawl: This will be knit up with some Knit Picks Gloss in a lovely Golden Glow colorway. I have been wanting to do an EZ shawl for quite a while and this seemed to fit perfectly!
- Fresco Lace Bodice Cardigan: This will be my 2nd sweater ever! I picked up the Superman Yellow yarn at my LYS during the last week of December! I can’t wait to cast this on!
There you have it! 12 projects using my stash yarn! I sure hope I can follow through. I really need to do some stash busting so I can buy some new yarn!