This week I made some more progress on the Perfect Sweater. It’s been slow going the last couple of months, but I am making progress. During this week I decided that the Girasole wasn’t going to get done by the 20th no matter how much I knit on it. This caused me to pick up the sweater to work on.
There it is. The first sleeve. I’ve even already cast on the 2nd and have about 2 inches of knitting done on it! I think I can safely say that in the next week I will have the 2nd sleeve done. Then I will learn about seaming and picking up stitches for the collar.
On a side note, casting on the for the 2nd sweater I finally figured out how to do the provisional cast-on so that it quickly unzips to join to the rest of the knitting later on. I guess I’d been knitting into the wrong loop this entire time. 4th time is charm there!
I’m now off to dig out my car and head to work. Stay warm!