I know, I know. It’s not even Christmas yet, and here a I am discussing the New Year. I just wanted to start a post that had some of the goals (knitting and personal) that I want to accomplish in the new year.
- Knit a full sized sweater for myself. I have yet to do something of this magnitude, but this is a goal. I’ve seen many a sweater pattern I’d like to try, so this is a lofty goal for the new year.
- Learn to knit continental. Yeah that sounds like an odd thing right? But I kind of can do it, but not very well and it’s always attemptedi n the middle of some project I’m working on. It looks like it might add some speed to my knitting and I’d like to learn it.
- Make something felted…on purpose. Now I’ve done this by complete accident (sorry R about the boot socks), but I’d really like to try something that is SUPPOSED to be felted. Something like a bottle cozy or a felted pair of slippers.
- Learn to spin. At least on a drop spindle. This is something I’m interested in learning if more for the process and the knowledge of fiber than anything.
- Do a yoga session at least twice a week. I miss this part of my life. I was good about this most of the way through college. I did buy a yoga DVD last week and have done 1 workout on it. I want to get where I’m doing yoga at least twice a week if not more. This is one of those personal workout goals that always seem to work for about a week or two, then die out. I don’t want that to happen.
- Visit Friends. I want to make it to my close friends’ houses at least once in the year 2010. A couple are close, 2-3 hours away, others are farther 4-5 hours. I want to go and visit them for at least a weekend.
- Start cooking dinner. Right now it’s more like…hmm what can I get for dinner that doesn’t involve me spending more than 5 minutes preparing it. I want to get to where I’m making actual dinner (you know veggies, potatoes, meat) a couple times a week if not more. I’m not talking Julia Childs sort of dinner, but you know, something filling that doesn’t come in a paper take out box/bag.
As I keep coming up with things to add I’ll update this post. Then when I complete something I’ll check it off the list!